Homeland Security Investigations – HSI
Homeland Security Investigations (HSI)
The investigative arm of the Homeland Security Department is the Homeland Security Investigations (HSI), which is one of the directorates of the Immigration & Customs Enforcement (ICE). Analysts, special agents and auditors are among the critical member of the HSI workforce. Their employees are scattered across the United States and across the globe.
The department constitutes the largest investigative international presence among all the agencies under the Homeland Security. HSI employs sophisticated technology with agents highly skilled in investigations to ensure the national security of the United States. HSI operates within the Human Rights Violators and War Crime Units under the National Security Investigatios Divisions of the Department of Homeland Security.
Homeland Security Investigations – Authority
The Homeland Security Investigations (HSI) have the broad authority in law enforcement. They are authorized by law to use equipments, such as a nationwide radio communication system. Its special agents are armed with the SIG Sauer P229R pistol as their primary sidearm. The Remington Model 870 shotgun and Colt M4 carbine and submachine guns are their secondary weapons. Among its powers, duties and authorities include the following:
- Enforcement of law against the commission of general federal crimes
- US customs laws
- Enforcement of the Immigration and Nationality Act
- Controlled Substances Act Enforcement
- Conduct investigations related to the national security threats
- Collect and analyze intelligence to be used by the Department of Homeland Security
- Making an arrest and to serve warrants
Homeland Security Investigations – Responsibilities
The Homeland Security Investigations (HSI) is engaged in the investigation of various crimes that include the following:
- Threats to the national security
- Threats to public safety
- Human smuggling
- Human trafficking
- Drug smuggling
- Money laundering
- Other financial crimes
- Counter proliferation investigations involving illegal commodities like firearms, nuclear, biological and chemical weapons of mass destruction
- Customs fraud
- Trade fraud
- Fraud on immigration concerns
- Cyber crime investigations
- Child exploitation
- Organized crimes
Wall Street Prison Consultants specializes in helping federal offenders obtain sentence reductions through programs that can help provide alternative solutions to long term incarceration. Our consultation services employ investigative and research processes to assist inmates and their lawyers in finding the best solution and alternatives available to reduce prison terms of an inmate. Discuss possible solutions to your issues today.
Contact Wall Street Prison Consultants at 855-577-4766. We’re here to help!