ATF – Bureau of Alcohol Tobacco and Firearms
Prison Early Releases
Under investigation by the ATF? Facing Federal Weapons Charges? We help defendants qualify for early release programs from Federal Prison. Call now: 855-577-4766
ATF Bureau of Alcohol Tobacco and Firearms
The Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco and Firearms (ATF) is a federal agency under the umbrella of the different law enforcement organizations under the Department of Justice. The agency was organized under the Homeland Security Act of 2002. The ATF was initially created pursuant to the initiation of the Office of the Internal Revenue to create its own department that will be responsible for the enforcement of the tax law and at the same time to perform as a tax collecting body. When the Homeland Security Department was created and organized, the ATF was then formally transferred to become part of the Department of Justice.
ATF Bureau Alcohol Tobacco Firearms – Authority
The Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco and Firearms (ATF) has an extensive scope of responsibilities. The organization is both a law enforcement and a regulatory agency with the following powers and authority to carry out the following functions and duties by its special agents:
- Preventing the unlawful use, possession and manufacturing of illegal firearms and explosives
- Prevent the illegal trafficking of both the alcohol and tobacco products
- Reducing the risk of public safety due to criminal organizations and gang formation
- Regulation of the sale and transportation of ammunition, explosives and firearms across states
- Regulate the alcohol and tobacco industries
- Coordinate with the local law enforcement agencies to promote public safety and prevent the commission of federal offenses.
ATF Bureau Alcohol Tobacco Firearms – Responsibilities
The main objective in the creation of the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco and Firearms (ATF) is to protect the public in general from the commission of federal offenses involving the following crimes that it primarily investigates:
- Acts of terrorism
- The illegal use and possession of explosive, firearms and ammunition
- Illegal trafficking of firearms and explosive
- Violent crime organizations
- Use of other destructive devices
- Illegal trading of tobacco and alcohol
Wall Street Prison Consultants specializes in helping federal offenders obtain sentence reductions through programs that can help provide alternative solutions to long term incarceration. Our consultation services employ investigative and research processes to assist inmates and their lawyers in finding the best solution and alternatives available to reduce prison terms of an inmate. Discuss possible solutions to your issues today.
Contact Wall Street Prison Consultants at 855-577-4766. We’re here to help!
Click here to add your own text